Technology Strategies underpin an organisation's overall Business Strategy and will define how technology will be used to help the organisation meet its strategic priorities and objectives. This will, typically, provide a Technology Roadmap for all aspects of IT (existing and new) within the organisation.
We can help you with the production of your Technology Strategy and have used numerous approaches which would, typically, go through the following steps:
- Identifying the opportunities and challenges to be addressed by the Technology Strategy - by reviewing the organisation's Business Strategy and meeting with key stakeholders;
- Developing a vision for the Technology Strategy and how it fulfils business and stakeholder needs, goals, opportunities and challenges;
- Reviewing the existing IT Infrastructure to gain an understanding of the existing IT estate;
- Documenting a Technology Strategy with recommendations, associated costs and a roadmap for how to develop the use of IT to deliver the organisation’s Business Strategy;
- Defining the steps and a plan for starting the procurement and implementation required to address the recommendations made in the Technology Strategy.